Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Give Daggers some love!

One thing I noticed that I deem unfair to all those OP rogues out there, is the lack of daggers as a specialty for weaponsmiths. Swords, hammers, even axes are available to specialize in, yet not daggers, fist weapons, nor polearms. I understand that specialization is good to a degree, where it then begins to get tedious and nit-picky, yet I think if you give us 6 main forms of melee weapons, it is unfair to give us a chance to specialize in weaponsmithing for only 3 of these. I will throw this against the wall and see if it sticks. Imagine a fist weapon which has a chance to give the next attack from it the ability to cause bleeding damage to the target equal to the attack over 8 seconds, or a dagger to have a chance to cause the next attack to attack the target as if they had no armor at all, (give a neat attack for rogues to warriors) or a polearm which has a chance to cause the target to lose 10% of their max health for ten seconds and then get it back. You have to admit these are abilities that can make things a lot more fun in PVP. Well, for the owners of these weapons at least.

1 comment:

Ginny said...

My Rogue ,Ginelle, uses daggers, but i've noticed that the amount of damage i do is almost allways less than the ability says it will do per combo point, idk I'm probably doing something wrong. I'll pick your brain on it sometime when i see you in the game