Monday, April 7, 2008

Ideas For New Hero Classes

Besides the Death Knights, no other hero classes have been mentioned by Blizzard. Have they not come up with any? Well for the sake of this conversation lets say they have not, so I can feed my ego and come up with ideas and pretend they have never considdered them. So, on with the show....


1 Necromancers: Now, before you say "Hey! We have these! They are called Warlocks!" I have to correct you. They are not Warlocks at all. Warlocks harness the powers of shadow and fire and use demons to do their biddings, while Necromancers use Death and Pain and use the undead as their servants. Ok, so there are no gloves that have +34 spell damage for death spells, so let us say that Necromancers use Shadow and Ice. Kel'Thuzad is a necromancer and uses ice, so why cannot other necromancers?


2 Blademasters: These are a nice combination of warrior and rogue. In Warcraft lore they are an elite fighting force of the horde and can go on rampages that make Godzilla envious. I think of their use much like a warrior, but they can only use two handed weapons, and lose their ability to wear platemail, and are forced to wear something lighter, like leather, but they gain a fierce speed increase to compensate.




3. Monk: Look, we need monks, plain and simple. We need a melee class that wears cloth, and can do some funky stuff. I am talking "Five Point Palm Exploding Heart Technique" cool. I am talking Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon cool. I want dancing on top of trees! I want running on water cool....No, not some sissy shaman using a spell, I want just their AWESOMENESS to make water walking possible. I want chakras, and bald heads and......GAH! There is such potential here to tap into!!! I mean look at this picture, this is just 100% kick ass monk.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

the ideas are great domani but necromancers have been done and so have monks....they are awesome and would be cool but i wanted to rain on your parade...Everquest has those and they rock....two of the best classes in that game.

Domani said...

Not raining on my parade at all. I just think these are a few classes that fit well into WoW and can use certain abilities and talent trees in te game already. i hate to rain on YOUR parade but something tells me Everquest may have a priest or warrior or paladin themselves :)

Unknown said...

true true...touche!!! haha. and yes they would have very important places in the game i would think...but so would everquests version of a druid (ranger) but i am comparing apples to oranges. WoW is a much user friendly game...so much so that it has kept me playing for a while now. i hope they dont murder it on the next expansion but we will see and keep our fingers crossed. keep up with the blogs they are very funny and intersting...i like seeing otehr peoples perspective on the game and yorus is very interesting on what path you would like to see them going and the spinoffs from.

Anonymous said...

I think Blade Master would be really fun to play depending on how the blended the abilitys :)